BACANA MAGAZINE hotel occidental punta cana
BACANA MAGAZINE hotel occidental punta cana
BACANA MAGAZINE hotel occidental punta cana
BACANA MAGAZINE hotel occidental punta cana
Correcting double chain

Your 50’s arrive... And also the double chin!

There is a quick and effective technique for correcting it. Nowadays it is nothing new for beauty not to be only a thing of women.

More and more there are men who care about their appearance and who want to be well despite the passing years. But much remains to be done and some taboos to break for men and women to equally bet on beauty.

One of the concerns men have when they reach their forties is double chins, which affects 80% of them. Despite this high percentage, few dare to undergo a facelift, says Dr. Luis López Tallaj, who points out that this does not happen with women, since they are more open to this type of intervention. The doctor explains that one reason is the concern of men for the recovery process to be noticed, not to mention the fear of hypertrophic scars.

MALE CONCERN

For Dr. López Tallaj there is no doubt that if men over 50 years with good socioeconomic status were to participate in a survey, asking them which part of your body reflects the aging of their faces, over 90% would say the double chin or loss of mandibular contour. The remaining 10% would say bags under the eyes and drooping eyelids, according to the doctor.

A few years ago, a technique was created that involves making a Z incision between the chin and Adam’s apple, specially designed to correct the double chin problem in men who are not willing to go through everything involving large surgery. This technique can be performed in thirty minutes under local anesthesia and sedation, and can be visible one week after the intervention, as the scar is practically imperceptible.

INTERVENTION

As explained by the doctor, in the intervention, excess fat is removed from the area by tumescent liposuction to then correct the relaxed neck muscle and platysma on the midline. Subsequently, they dry out or remove the excess skin, restoring normality to the cervicofacial angle of the patient. This procedure only requires five days of rest and the result is immediately noticeable.

Surgery advances and interventions and recovery processes are not what they were a few years ago. Now there are fast techniques with fast recoveries which encourage those who are hesitant to go under the knife in order to look more handsome. This is why beauty is now important for men and women, although women remain the most interested in it.

Dr. Luis López Tallaj
-Jefe del Departamento de Cirugía Plástica Clínica Corazones Unidos
-Chair of the International Committee for 2011/2016 of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery- ASAPS
-Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®).
-Membro da Sociedade Brasileira de Cirurgia Plástica (SBCP)

Tags: Beauty

ga('send', 'pageview');